Editor's note: Each month, we'd like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site. This month, we have Julia, who manages four stunning accommodations—this elegant cottage, this family-friendly cottage, this luxury cottage, and this fully-outfitted yurt—along the Trinity River in California.
1. When was the first time you heard the term glamping?
About three to four years ago.
2. What inspired you to have your own glamping site?
We are about alternative structures. We even have a straw-bale building for our café!
3. If you could describe your property or the glamping experience you offer in three words, what would they be?
Fun. Creative. Cozy.
4. What was your first glamping/camping experience?
Staying in our own yurt. :)
5. Why would you recommend people to go glamping?
To experience something out-of-the-ordinary and to have fun staying in a different structure in a glorious part of California.
6. What should people expect when they come to your glamping site?
To spend time enjoying the natural beauty that surrounds them, both inside and outside of their lodging. They can expect to really connect with the ones they are with.
7. What makes your property unique?
There are a number of things that make our property unique:
- Our location right on the Trinity River; the octagon in the middle of the yurt;
- Our straw-bale café;
- Our roasted on-site organic coffee (which is amazing!);
- Our 2,000-square-foot patio overlooking the gorgeous Trinity River;
- Our proximity to the Trinity Alps; and
- Our private dinners, if guests so choose.
8. What’s your favorite part about owning a glamping property?
The people we get to meet that come stay with us. They come as strangers and leave as friends :-)
9. What makes your property eco-friendly?
Our straw-bale café and our electricity source, as well as we compost and recycle.
10. Anything else you’d like to add?
We experience all four seasons here, so whatever time of year you choose to come, it's beautiful—and different. You can sip a cup of our organic coffee while overlooking the stunning Trinity River and watch a bald eagle fly by. Trinity County and our property both so much to offer. Come experience it for yourselves!
Book Julia's incredible Northern California luxury rentals here, here, here, and here. Her property has also been featured in collections such as "Best Staycations in California" and "Best Spring Break Destinations for Couples in 2016."