Editor’s note: Each month, we’d like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site.
This month, we have Jack, who manages this unique, multi-accommodation property in the city of Clifton in Central Texas, which features two luxury cabins (click here and here!) and a spacious cottage—all of which give guests prime access to this family-managed ranch and to see its 600 animals!
1. When was the first time you heard the term glamping??
About three years ago.
2. What inspired you to have your own glamping site?
To generate additional income.
3. If you could describe your property or the glamping experience you offer in three (or four) words, what would they be?
Nowhere else like it!
4. What was your first glamping /camping experience?
At my own glamping site, Texas Safari.
5. Why would you recommend people to go glamping?
Glamping brings families and friends together in nature.
6. What should people expect when they come to your glamping site?
They will see animals they only see on television—animals from Africa, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
7. What makes your property unique?
There is nowhere else in the United States that has a 1,000-acre wildlife park with over 25 species and 600 animals—many of which are extinct in the wild). You will also be the only people at the park, 24/7.
8. What’s your favorite part about owning a glamping property?
My favorite part is raising the animals and saving species that are extinct or near extinct, like Pere David deer from China, Scimitar Oryx from the Sahara, Grevy’s Zebra from Africa, and much more.
9. What makes your property eco-friendly?
The animals live off of the land, and we use no harmful chemicals on the ranch.
10. Anything else you’d like to add?
This is the experience of a lifetime!