Editor's note: Each month, we'd like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site. This month, we have Kristin, who manages three gorgeous accommodations in Silverton, Oregon, on her 67-acre farm: this luxury Airstream, this picturesque cottage, and this stunning glass and cedar wood rental.
1. When was the first time you heard the term glamping?
When I was interested in buying an Airstream trailer.
2. What inspired you to have your own glamping site?
The property was just so ideal, I wanted to share it with others.
3. If you could describe your property or the glamping experience you offer in three words, what would they be?
Idyllic country retreat.
4. What was your first glamping/camping experience?
I remember banging pots as a kid to chance away the bears in Yosemite!
5. Why would you recommend people to go glamping?
To escape the city and get back to nature and the land.
6. What should people expect when they come to your glamping site?
A fabulous soak in our natural hot tub; gorgeous hikes right from the farm; and a comfortable bed with luxurious cotton sheets!
7. What makes your property unique?
We offer glamping for everyone, from our converted greenhouse surrounded by garden views to our new, cozy, luxury Airstream trailer, all located on our 67-acre organic farm. We have endless miles of hiking trails right from your doorstep! All of our accommodations are ideally located an hour from Portland, Oregon, too.
8. What’s your favorite part about owning a glamping property?
I love meeting new and interesting people from all over the world and sharing this special place.
9. What makes your property eco-friendly?
Our natural spring water and organic farm and gardens. We use recycled materials in our building and reiteration projects, too.