Editor's note: Each month, we'd like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site. This month, we have Peter, who manages this eclectic, luxury villa near Joshua Tree, California.
1. When was the first time you heard the term glamping?
A few years ago online in a blog post.
2. What inspired you to have your own glamping site?
You actually contacted me about listing our vacation rental in the Mojave Desert—and I'm delighted that you did!
3. If you could describe your property or the glamping experience you offer in three words, what would they be?
Peaceful, restful, and rejuvenating.
4. What was your first glamping /camping experience?
I loved the outdoors as a child and "camped" in the backyard as a very young child.
5. Why would you recommend people to go glamping?
Being in touch with nature and one's place in the natural world can very restful and helps recharge energy, relieve stress, and refocus on the things that are truly important in life.
6. What should people expect when they come to your glamping site?
A unique experience. The potential to re-invent themselves.
7. What makes your property unique?
We are located in a very ancient and sacred pre-Aztec site, surrounded by incredible scenery and petroglyphs and inhabited by teaming wildlife, incredible cacti, and dramatic mountains.
8. What’s your favorite part about owning a glamping property?
It gives us the opportunity to escape the city, to rediscover our place in the natural world, and to enjoy special, quiet times with our family.
9. What makes your property eco-friendly?
We are surrounded by desert landscape, have no cell phone service, rely on underground aquifers, and leave a minimal carbon footprint on the land.
10. Anything else you’d like to add?
Come visit us! We love to entertain, to create fabulous gourmet meals, and to laugh and rest under the millions of stars, far from the lights, sounds, and stresses of the city.
Book Peter's unique Californian villa here. His property has also been featured in collections such as "Unique Summer Getaways in California" and "Secluded Mountain Getaways near Joshua Tree National Park."