Editor’s note: Each month, we’d like to introduce you to one of our wonderful Glamping Hub hosts and what inspired them to create a glamping site. This month, we have Todd and Kim, who manage nine different luxury rentals in Upstate New York.
1. What is the story behind you starting your glamping site?
14 years ago, we built our first vacation rental with the hopes of getting to personally enjoy it, as well. We called our rental company agent to ask him if we could come up for a week in the summer, and he informed us that we were fully booked! We actually had to build another accommodation so we could stay in our own vacation rental.
When we started to rent the second property, the same thing happened! We now have nine accommodations and have come to understand the power of listing them online in order to reach a larger audience.
2. What did you do before becoming a glamping host, and what drew you to glamping?
Before, we owned a construction and landscaping business, and we ended up selling it to run our vacation rental business. Over time, while we have been on all of the normal booking sites, we found that by coming to Glamping Hub, we would get more exposure to a different audience— which is exactly what we found!
3. In your opinion, how does your accommodation fit the definition of glamping?
Our well-appointed accommodations offer a number of amenities, such as hot tubs and saunas, which make vacationing in the rustic Adirondacks very luxurious. Glamping fits our bill, because guests that go through Glamping Hub expect the best.
4. What is the most special thing about your property?
All of our accommodations our extremely clean and well-maintained by our care-taking staff, a husband-and-wife who have been with us for seven years. They also all come with deluxe amenities, as previously mentioned, which are big perks for people looking to have a relaxing getaway.
5. What do you love the most about running a glamping site? What are some of the challenges you face?
Working with Glamping Hub has given us the ability to reach another type of traveler. The site itself allows us to make changes ourselves, and anytime we need help, their staff always helps us. The only challenge about being in the vacation rental business, we would say, is managing our listings on multiple sites.
6. Tell us about your most memorable guest experience to date.
We had guests stay at the first accommodation we built. We had purchased some new items for the home and asked if they minded if we brought the items to the house. They agreed, so we went to the rental, met them, and it was an instant friendship. We have been great friends now for almost 10 years!
7. Which three words are most commonly used in guest feedback about your accommodation?
Beautiful, clean, and…clean!
8. Tell us about the experience you provide for guests visiting your glamping site.
We provide as much information and photos as possible so that guests can make an informed decision before booking. We have very, very descriptive listings, and we believe that honesty is the best policy. By the time they’ve read our description, they know exactly what our accommodations are all about.
9. If you could have anybody stay at your accommodation, who would it be and why?
We would love for the Glamping Hub staff to come and stay at one of our accommodations. Despite most of them working from Spain, that’s who we would like to come stay and have the experience—not only of the Adirondacks, but of how clean and well-equipped our accommodations are.
10. Are there any upcoming additions/changes to your glampsite you would like to share with us?
We would like to add video tours of our rentals on our listings.