Lakefront Cottage Rental on Lily Lake in the Pocono Mountains of PennsylvaniaWapwallopen, Pennsylvania (United States of America)
Lakefront Cottage Rental on Lily Lake in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania
"Great weekend getaway that ended with us wishing we had more time there. Thank you for sharing your property with us. It is beautiful inside & out. S…"
This lakefront cottage rental is located on Lily Lake in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania and can accommodate four guests. There are two bedrooms and one full bathroom. The first bedroom has a queen-size bed and comfortable bedding, and the second bedroom is a loft that has two twin beds. In the bathroom, guests will find a toilet, a sink, and a shower. Linens and towels are provided.
In the living room, guests will find a sofa, and a large, flat-screen television. The fully equipped kitchen comes with a gas stove, a refrigerator, an oven, microwave, and more. Other amenities include Wi-Fi and a washer and dryer. Outside, there is a screened-in porch, as well as a patio with cedar furniture. Just steps away is a fire pit and a private dock on the aforementioned Lily Lake.
The cottage has a flat-screen television with HDMI ports, a DVD player, Wi-FI, a washer and dryer, and central heating and air conditioning.
Guests have access to the house, its screened-in front porch, its rear stone patio, the fire pit, and the lake for fishing, kayaking, or paddle boating and boarding. There are also hundreds of acres of public land for hiking or strolling.
- Air conditioning
- Washing machine
- Shared Barbecue
- Private Kitchen
Please note that, due to Covid-19, we are asking guests to check in at 6 p.m. on the date of arrival, rather than the usual time of 4 p.m., so staff can more thoroughly sanitize the unit.
Check-in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 12:00 PM
Infants allowed Under 2 years old
Children allowed 2-12 years old
Pets allowed additional charge
Some spaces are shared
Check-in is anytime after 4 p.m, while check-out is at 12 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the accommodation, including the screen front porch. Cigarette and cigar butts are to be extinguished and placed in the trash.
2. People other than those in the guest’s party as set forth in the rental agreement may not stay overnight in the property without the host's permission. Any other person or pet in the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
3. The host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur on the premises. The host is not responsible for the loss of personal property. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises, its amenities, or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. The guest is responsible for keeping all furnishings in good order.
5. Appliances are to be used only for their intended uses.
6. Pets are only permitted with prior approval and a completed Pet Addendum. Additional charges per night per animal, plus taxes, will apply.
7. Parking is limited to two vehicles in the driveway. Additional vehicles may be parked along Sandy Beach Road.
8. Bed linens and bath towels are included in the unit, but may not be removed from the unit under any circumstances. Beach towels are provided for use at the lake. Tenants are not required to launder linens and towels. If the guest chooses to wash linens and towels, items must be separated by color (i.e.whites are not to be mixed with colors).
9. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
10. The cottage is on well and septic systems. The well water is tested seasonally, but bear in mind that external and environmental conditions can change the condition of the water source. The septic system is very effective. However, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine hygiene products may be flushed at any time. If it is discovered that feminine hygiene products have been flushed and clog the septic system, guests may be charged for damages of up to $2,000.
11. No refunds will be given for storms or poor road conditions. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The hosts recommend the use of four-wheel-drive vehicles during the snowy months.
12. A light cleanup is required. The cottage must be left tidy. Dishes are to be washed and put away, the refrigerator emptied, and all trash and recycling placed in the appropriate outdoor receptacles.
13. Please bring laundry products, bath soaps, sunscreen, medication, paper products, beach toys, and fishing poles.
14. No lifeguard is on duty at the lake. Swim at own risk.
15. Guests may use the paddleboat, rowboat, or kayak provided they wear an approved safety flotation device. Use of these amenities is done at the guests’ own risk. The owner is not liable for any bodily injury incurred by guests.
16. Please review Pennsylvania's boating and fishing regulations prior to using watercraft. The fish commission regularly patrols the lake and has been known to issue citations and fines for infractions. Proper and approved safety flotation devices are required for children and adults. Life jackets and whistles for guests' use are available under the front porch.
Pet Specific Requirements:
1. Guest will pay an additional pet fee, per night per pet.
2. All pets must be leashed at all times.
3. Guest is responsible for cleaning up all pet refuse.
4. Guests are responsible for bringing beds/crates for all pets. Under no circumstances are the cottage’s blankets or towels to be used for pet bedding.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture or beds at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may result in additional cleaning fees.
6. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can be harmful or cause fatal illness to humans and pets.
7. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
8. Guest must prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
9. Pets will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pets will not be left unattended on the front porch or rear patio.
10. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
11. The guest shall be solely responsible for his/her pets while on the property.
12. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by the guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 40 lbs., without consent from the host.
b. Must be at least one year of age.
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Location and surroundings
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania (United States of America)
Detailed location provided after booking
- Winter sports
- Water sports
- Horseback riding
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Wildlife watching
While staying here, guests can hike hundred of acres of adjacent state park land, swim, boat, and fish in Lily Lake, or simply relax and enjoy the outdoors. The cottage has a fire pit, stocked with wood, close to the lake and offers a two-person kayak, a rowboat, and a paddleboat for guests' use. Motorboats and water skiing are also permitted on the lake, subject to certain horsepower and use regulations.
Numerous Pocono Mountain ski resorts, state and local parks, minor-league hockey and baseball franchises, Mohegan Sun and Mount Airy casinos, local theater, movies, national and regional historic sites, shopping malls, restaurants, whitewater rafting attractions, and several amusement parks are all within 30 to 60 minutes driving.