Floating Luxury Tent Rental for Couples in Private Marina near St. Louis, MissouriSt. Charles, Missouri (United States)
- ID authenticated
- Phone, email and address confirmed
- Hosted a verified guest
Do you have any questions about the accommodation?
· Kid-friendly · Barbecue
Escape the city and experience the tranquility of nature in this unique floating safari tent in St. Charles, Missouri. Floating on a private dock adjacent to the Mississippi River, the property offers the perfect mix of luxury and nature, giving guests the time and space to relax, recharge, and reconnect. Conveniently located just minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area, guests will be able to explore the area with ease. Read More
- Hot water
- 4 Bathroom
- Shared Lounge/Living room
- 1 King-size bed
- Cell service
- Running water potable
- Queen-size bed
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Kitchen equipment
- Shared Kitchen
- 1 Sofa bed
- Shared Barbecue
- Air conditioning
- Fire pit
Two of the Safari Camps are situated on a private pond in a channel just off the Mississippi River, making the atmosphere both serene and peaceful. Meanwhile, Paddler's Rest and Harbor Breeze are floating on a dock in the Marina's channel to the River. All unique design and personalities, with distinctive characteristics to create a romantic getaway. Guests will be near the heart of St. Charles County and about 30 minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area
They can enjoy staying in a luxury safari tent on a deck that looks across to our wooded island and sleep on a real, comfortable queen bed with crisp, clean sheets and pillows. The bathrooms are clean, private, and have flush toilets. There is a private, enclosed, outdoor shower with hot running water located behind the Marina Lodge.
Guests will be provided with everything they need to enjoy the great outdoors in luxury and style including a grill, camp chairs, fire ring, and full access to the Marina’s Lodge and kitchen. With six unique Safari Campsites, hosts can accommodate up 22 guests.
Location + Surroundings
These Safari Camps are at the River Island Marina in the heart of St. Charles County—the area’s most popular boating area with convenient access to beaches and sand bars, yacht clubs, marinas, restaurants, Grafton, Alton, and all other points on the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers. By car, the River Island Marina is convenient to Old Town St. Charles, The Great River Road, Confluence Point, shopping, casinos, and about 30 minutes to almost anywhere in the St. Louis area. Read More
- Bird watching
- Water sports
- Stand-up paddleboarding
Guests' weekend getaway begins anytime after 3 p.m. on Friday, and the hosts, Peg and Lee, will give guests a brief tour of the lodge and property. Freshly roasted and brewed coffee will be awaiting guests Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8 a.m. in the lodge. Glampers can spend the day at the beach on 521 Island, bike through the farmland of St. Charles County, do a winery tour, drive the Great River Road, cross the Mississippi by ferry, or hike at Perre Marquette State Park. Upon returning, they can unwind in their secluded Safari Camp, barbecue on the provided grill, and toast marshmallows around their private campfire.
Please note: This glamping property is in Missouri’s great outdoors, so be prepared to accept the inherent risk of adventure, including wildlife, insects, and unpredictable conditions (the weather on the river cannot be controlled). Glampers are encouraged to come with an adventurous and open mind—and some bug spray!
- Check-in: from 03:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- Infants allowed Under 2 years old
- Children allowed 2-12 years old
- No smoking
- No parties
- Some spaces are shared
- You will receive a 50% refund when you cancel at least 15 days prior to check-in.
Please note: There is a minimum age requirement of 25 to rent an accommodation at this property, and all reservations require a completed rental agreement, complete with credit card information. This will be sent to the guests by the host upon the confirmation of their booking on Glamping Hub.
This property's Safari Camps are about luxury, seclusion, and convenience. The hosts invite travelers to come experience the beauty of the pond, private island, and the Mississippi River while staying in one of these secluded luxury camps.
The hosts provide:
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, washcloths
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, s'mores
- Marina kitchen comes with kitchen necessities and utensils
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas stove top, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- Firewood for a nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi in the Marina Lodge
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, guests will have use of the Marina Clubhouse, its living room, kitchen, and private restrooms and our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
What to Bring:
- Food / Snacks / Drinks / Beer / Wine
- A good book
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Camping appropriate footwear (heels are not recommended)
- Slippers or sandals (please take off muddy shoes/sandals/boots before entering the safari tents)
- A desire to get away from the day-to-day and relax in nature! Read More