Romantic Glamping Getaway in Safari Tent on Mississippi River near St. Louis, MissouriSt. Charles, Missouri (United States)
Romantic Glamping Getaway in Safari Tent on Mississippi River near St. Louis, Missouri
- Children allowed (2-12 years old)
- Private Barbecue
Inside the tent, sleep will come easy, thanks to the king-size bed outfitted with crisp, clean sheets and fluffy pillows. There is also a futon that converts into a full-size bed. The tent is heated in the spring and fall, as well as air-conditioned in the summer, to ensure year-round comfort.
Bathroom facilities consist of a brand new cabin with a toilet and a sink indoors, in addition to an outdoor shower. Glampers will also have access to the private marina's lodge.
- 1 King-size bed
- Linens and pillows
- Hot water
- Air conditioning
- 1 Bathroom
- Shared Kitchen
- Cooking basics
- Shared Lounge/Living room
- Fire pit
- Private Barbecue
- Outdoor furniture
They can enjoy staying in a luxury safari tent on a deck that looks across to our wooded island and sleep on a real, comfortable queen bed with crisp, clean sheets and pillows. The bathrooms are clean, private, and have flush toilets. There is a private, enclosed, outdoor shower with hot running water located behind the Marina Lodge.
Guests will be provided with everything they need to enjoy the great outdoors in luxury and style including a grill, camp chairs, fire ring, and full access to the Marina’s Lodge and kitchen. With six unique Safari Campsites, hosts can accommodate up 22 guests.
Location + Surroundings
- Wildlife watching
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Water sports
Guests' weekend getaway begins anytime after 3 p.m. on Friday, and the hosts, Peg and Lee, will give guests a brief tour of the lodge and property. Freshly roasted and brewed coffee will be awaiting guests Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8 a.m. in the lodge. Glampers can spend the day at the beach on 521 Island, bike through the farmland of St. Charles County, do a winery tour, drive the Great River Road, cross the Mississippi by ferry, or hike at Perre Marquette State Park. Upon returning, they can unwind in their secluded Safari Camp, barbecue on the provided grill, and toast marshmallows around their private campfire.
Please note: This glamping property is in Missouri’s great outdoors, so be prepared to accept the inherent risk of adventure, including wildlife, insects, and unpredictable conditions (the weather on the river cannot be controlled). Glampers are encouraged to come with an adventurous and open mind—and some bug spray!
Check-in: From 03:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Children allowed 2-12 years old
No Pets allowed
Some spaces are shared
This property's Safari Camps are about luxury, seclusion, and convenience. The hosts invite travelers to come experience the beauty of the pond, private island, and the Mississippi River while staying in one of these secluded luxury camps.
The hosts provide:
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, washcloths
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, s'mores
- Marina kitchen comes with kitchen necessities and utensils
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas stove top, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- Firewood for a nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi in the Marina Lodge
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, guests will have use of the Marina Clubhouse, its living room, kitchen, and private restrooms and our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
What to Bring:
- Food / Snacks / Drinks / Beer / Wine
- A good book
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Camping appropriate footwear (heels are not recommended)
- Slippers or sandals (please take off muddy shoes/sandals/boots before entering the safari tents)
- A desire to get away from the day-to-day and relax in nature!