Rustic Cabin Rental near Mesa Verde National Park in Southwest ColoradoCortez, Colorado (United States of America)
Rustic Cabin Rental near Mesa Verde National Park in Southwest Colorado
"Wow, this place is the tops! The perfect location, clean and close to all the places you want to hit while on vacation in this area. Definitely a pla…"
This rustic cabin rental can sleep up to six guests and is set in Cortez, Colorado just north of Mesa Verde National Park. Guests will enjoy camping at its purest form, as this simple cabin rental is a one-room accommodation, providing guests with two bunk beds for up to six. Inside, glampers will have two bunk bed sets, both offering a double-size bed on the bottom and a single bed on top. Although a bathroom is not included within the cabin, glampers here will have access to a wash house on site.
There is a communal fire pit and laundry facilities.
These accommodations are located on a 12-acre farm, and guests will have access to a fire pit and laundry facilities, too.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bunk bed
- National Park
High touch surfaces are disinfected between guest stays and Lysol wines are provided to each unit.
Check-in: 02:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM
Infants allowed Under 2 years old
Children allowed 2-12 years old
Pets allowed additional charge
This is a pet-friendly site that accepts dogs, cats, and horses. No animals are allowed without prior approval. For horses, there is a fenced pasture behind the yurts with plenty of feed during season. Supplemental feed supplied by guest or can be purchased from hosts with advanced notice.
The hosts will supply information for bringing horses into Colorado; they must have a negative Coggins test and Health Certificate from a vet, and three-way vaccination: E & W tetanus, flu rhino and distemper. With hay, it's $20 a night; without, the standard $10 per night applies. For cats and dogs, they must have a yearly vaccination of rabies and distemper, as well as be housebroken and crate-trained while inside the cabins or yurts. A cleaning charge of $100 will apply if extra cleaning is needed.
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Location and surroundings
Cortez, Colorado (United States of America)
Detailed location provided after booking
- National Park
- Water sports
- Horseback riding
- Wildlife watching
No matter what the weather, there are plenty of activities to partake in when glamping at this property in Colorado. The following are all possible, depending on the time of year:
- Biking - Motorcycling
- Hiking - mountains, canyons, high desert, Mesa Verde National Park
- Fishing, Boating, Waterskiing on Lake McPhee (second largest lake in Colorado), Rafting on the Dolores River
- Jeeping - on the roads, or over the mountains
- Golf - a beautiful 18 hole golf course with views of the mountains
- Horseback Riding - overnight, half-day, or 2 hour rides available
- Nature Preserves - Mesa Verde and many more!
- San Juan Skyway - called America's "Most Beautiful Drive". The fall colors are AWESOME! Takes about six hours to complete the circle, returning to The Jolly Rancher.
- Elk and Mule Deer Hunting - some of the biggest and best trophy animals. Our cabins are just right for hunters.
- Horseback Rides and Horse Pack Trips - local
- Stagecoach and Wagon Rides - 20 minutes away
- Western Stage Show with Chuckwagon Style Dinners - at the Bar-D Chuckwagon in Durango, 1 hour away
- Ute Mountain Casino - 15 minutes away
- Shopping for American Indian Arts and Jewelry is at its finest in Cortez - Good Prices!