Such a fun experience! The yurt is so well set up, and very comfortable. First time ever being in one and we were very pleasantly surprised! I wou...
Such a fun experience! The yurt is so well set up, and very comfortable. First time ever being in one and ...
Luxury Yurts with All the Amenities near Mesa Verde National Park, ColoradoCortez, Colorado (United States) view map
Description of Glamping Units
There are two luxury yurts, each with all of the amenities a glamper could ever dream of, at this glamping site near Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. The first yurt, the Clint Eastwood, can accommodate three guests, while the second yurt, the Sundance Kid, can accommodate up to five. In each yurt, all rooms are separate by walls, but not doors.
Each yurt comes with a living room with a flat-screen TV with cable; Wi-Fi; a propane heater (particularly for the winter months); a portable air conditioning unit; a kitchen (including a full-size refrigerator, a toaster oven, an electric, counter-top stove, a full sink, and a microwave); a dining room; a full-size bathroom (including a sink, a toilet, and a shower). Outside, there is a fire pit with chairs.
There are communal laundry facilities on-site. Read More
- Air conditioning
- Cell service
- Dining table
- Extra bed(s)
- Fire pit
- Hot plate
- Internet connection
- Kitchen equipment
- Linens provided
- Lounge/Living room
- Private bathroom
- Queen-size bed
- Running water
- Towels provided
- Twin/Single Bed
These accommodations are located on a 12-acre farm, and guests will have access to a fire pit and laundry facilities, too.
Location + Surroundings
These glamping accommodations sit on a hilltop of 15 acres of farm land, just three miles north of downtown Cortez in southwest Colorado. There are 360-degree views of the mountain ranges, including the Sleeping Ute Mountain, and the mesas. In addition, the property is close to Mesa Verde National Park, with convenient access to amenities for a perfect family vacation. Fresh air and sunshine are abundant, and at night, the stars seem close enough to reach out and touch. Enjoy the lovely evenings on the porch of the accommodation and feel the stress slip away while stargazing into the Colorado night sky. Read More
- Horseback riding
- Water sports
No matter what the weather, there are plenty of activities to partake in when glamping at this property in Colorado. The following are all possible, depending on the time of year:
- Biking - Motorcycling
- Hiking - mountains, canyons, high desert, Mesa Verde National Park
- Fishing, Boating, Waterskiing on Lake McPhee (second largest lake in Colorado), Rafting on the Dolores River
- Jeeping - on the roads, or over the mountains
- Golf - a beautiful 18 hole golf course with views of the mountains
- Horseback Riding - overnight, half-day, or 2 hour rides available
- Nature Preserves - Mesa Verde and many more!
- San Juan Skyway - called America's "Most Beautiful Drive". The fall colors are AWESOME! Takes about six hours to complete the circle, returning to The Jolly Rancher.
- Elk and Mule Deer Hunting - some of the biggest and best trophy animals. Our cabins are just right for hunters.
- Horseback Rides and Horse Pack Trips - local
- Stagecoach and Wagon Rides - 20 minutes away
- Western Stage Show with Chuckwagon Style Dinners - at the Bar-D Chuckwagon in Durango, 1 hour away
- Ute Mountain Casino - 15 minutes away
- Shopping for American Indian Arts and Jewelry is at its finest in Cortez - Good Prices!
- You will receive a 50% refund when you cancel at least 15 days prior to check-in.
All daily rates are based on two adults & three children; all others are $20 pp/night extra.
This is a pet-friendly site that accepts dogs, cats, and horses. No animals are allowed without prior approval. For horses, there is a new Pro-Panel Pole Barn with exercise, wash rack, and panel turnouts. The hosts can feed the horse or guests can. The hosts will supply information for bringing horses into Colorado; they must have a negative Coggins test and Health Certificate from a vet, and three-way vaccination: E & W tetanus, flu rhino and distemper. With hay, it's $20 a night; without, the standard $15 per night applies. For cats and dogs, they must have a yearly vaccination of rabies and distemper, as well as be housebroken and crate-trained while inside the cabins or yurts. A cleaning charge of $100 will apply if extra cleaning is needed. Read More