Peaceful Hondo Cabin Ideal for a Vacation in TexasHondo, Texas (United States of America)
Peaceful Hondo Cabin Ideal for a Vacation in Texas
"Had a very peaceful and quiet weekend I enjoyed my stay and will definitely be returning hopefully soon in the near future"
This Hondo cabin is ideal for a fabulous vacation in Texas. The 2-guest cabin is decorated with items used in western riding and there's a queen-size bed. The bathroom is in the back and comes with towels, soap and toilet paper.
The kitchenette contains a microwave, a toaster, a coffeemaker, a water boiler, a copper chef induction plate with a copper chef pan and an apartment size fridge with small separate freezing compartment, plates, cups, glasses, and utensils.
The cabin has its own porch with two chairs and the private picnic table and BBQ pit are situated right next to the cabin.
Activities except for hiking are located 30 to 85 minutes from the ranch.
- 1 Queen-size bed
- Air conditioning
- Private Barbecue
- Hot water
- Linens and pillows
- Fire pit
We clean extensively and only with approved materials containing 60% or higher alcohol. In each cabin we provide cleaning materials also for guests inclusive gloves to wear if guests so desire. We clean in 3 phases (prepare, clean & check) as to the new cleaning standards and use an extensive checklist for each cleaning in every space in each cabin while using only the approved cleaning materials. We clean first then disinfect. Our cleaning work is informed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published standards. We take 24 hours before entering each cabin for cleaning, we air out all cabins before cleaning, we wear protective gear while cleaning, wash our hands after cleaning each seperate space in each cabin, wash our linnens on the highest heat, empty the vaccuumcleaner after each space and wash or throw away all cleaning cloths after cleaning each seperate space in each cabin. We also took a cleaning course and passed an exam set by CDC. standards.
Check-in: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM
Infants allowed Under 2 years old
Children allowed 2-12 years old
- No events
No open fires
Minimum age to rent: 25
2. Pets only welcome after consulting with hosts!!
3. Quiet time daily at 9 p.m.
4. No loud music any time.
5. No parties!
6. No campfire allowed if the Burn Ban sign at the common campfire area is up!
7. Do not flush grease through the toilet or sinks. Please put grease in a paper towel and dispose in the waste bin.
8. Do not flush any sanitary towels, tampons and/or plastic/metal items or any fabrics in the toilet. The septic system is very hard to maintain! Guests will be held responsible if the lines get clogged up!!!
9. Parking is available only in the designated area
10. No car washing.
11. It gets very dark at the ranch. Please bring a flashlight if you want to walk to the campfire area at night.
12. Always pay attention to where you are walking. You are out in the country and therefore guests need to be careful of any wild animals. Hosts are not responsible for any harm done by the animals!
13. Do NOT feed any of the animals unless guests have permission from the hosts.
14. Do not climb any of the fences and/or gates! All gates need to remain closed at all times!
15. All activities except for hiking are located 30 to 85 minutes from the ranch!
16. Check-out is strictly before 11 a.m.
17. Upon check out, wash, dry and stow all dishes where you found them.
18. Upon check out, leave the garbage in a closed bag in the kitchenette area. An extra garbage bag is provided in one of the drawers in the kitchenette.
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Location and surroundings
Hondo, Texas (United States of America)
Detailed location provided after booking
- Prairie, meadow or plain
- Water sports
- Horseback riding additional charge
- Zip-lining additional charge
- Wildlife watching
- Feeding animals
There is swimming, tubing and kayaking in Concan (1 hour away), as well as in Bandera (30 min.).
Please note that all activities except hiking are located 30 to 85 minutes from the ranch!
Sometimes, for a fee, Hondo Creek (5 min. away) is available for swimming, fishing, and kayaking at Chapman Ranch owner's discretion.
Other activities in the area: Ziplining (85 min.), horseback river rides and trails (30 min.). Lake Medina, three State Parks in the Hill Country, and nearby caves (all 30-85 min. away) are also worth a visit.