Frequently Asked Questions
Payment is collected in one of the following six currencies: USD, AUD, NZD, GBP, CAD, and Euro. Any currency not in this list is displayed and charged in USD. Please note that the final currency of payment may differ from the currency that the browser is listed in or the currency of the listed rates.
Although Glamping Hub allows guests to choose which currency to view the prices of listings in, the currencies available for guests and hosts to make and receive payments in may be limited and may not include the default currency in any given geographic location.
All other countries that charge in a currency not listed above may default to another currency listed at the check-out page. The total price in the currency that the guest will be charged for is always on the check-out page in the total fee.
Guests are charged a guest service fee based on a sliding scale of 0% to 20% of the booking subtotal, which is made up of the nightly rate and any additional extra fees.
This percentage will be placed on top of the final quote before the booking request is sent to the host. The sliding scale of service fees breaks down into tiers that depend on the booking subtotal. The more that a guest spends on the subtotal of the booking, the lower the percentage is for the service fee.
There is no cost to being listed on our website for hosts. However, Glamping Hub does charge a 4% host service fee on any confirmed booking through the platform. This fee is calculated from the booking subtotal and the nightly rate plus any extra fees (excluding Glamping Hub fees and taxes). The host service fee is subtracted from the total payout (nightly rate plus extra fees minus the host service fee) that is sent to the host.
- Your booking request has been submitted but has not yet been confirmed or declined.
- Your booking request has been accepted, and your credit card has been charged. At the time of booking confirmation, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your stay.
- Your booking request has been rejected by the host. Your credit card has not been charged.
- After a booking request has been confirmed, we understand that you may need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Refunds will be released according to the cancellation policy of the host. Please view our Cancellation Policy for additional information.
- If the check-in date of a pending booking has passed, the booking request will automatically expire in the Glamping Hub system.
- Log into your Glamping Hub Guest dashboard and click the "Modify Booking" button.
- You’ll have the opportunity to change the dates, the number of guests, and add an extra fee, like a pet fee. This will generate a new price if applicable.
- Ensure that you understand any changes applied to the cancellation policy and price changes if applicable and then click, "Send modification request".
- Your host will have 24 hours to accept or decline your modification request. If the host does not respond within 24 hours, the request will expire and your original booking will remain the same.
- Guests can make modifications up to the day prior to check in. Modifications are not permitted through the platform after check in.
- Modification requests can only be made to change the dates and number of guests included in the booking. Guests cannot make modification requests to change the booking to a different accommodation. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance modifying the accommodation.
- The cancellation policy will remain the same in any booking modification and will always refer to the original check in date. In the event that the new check in date is sooner than the original check in date, the cancellation policy will default to the earliest check in date.
- If your original booking qualified for a nightly discount, changing the reservation dates may affect your eligibility for that discount. Gift cards that were used on the original booking will still be honored in the modification.
- If you want to update the details of your modification request, please cancel the request, and submit a new one. If your modification request was done incorrectly, please submit a new modification request to modify the reservation again.
- A modification request will be accepted or declined by a host within 24 hours of submission. If the host does not respond, the request to modify the booking will expire and your original booking will remain in place.
When you see Instant Booking on a listing, this means the booking does not require prior approval from the host and will be confirmed immediately. You can filter your search by Instant Booking to identify hosts with this feature.
If you apply Instant Booking to your listings, this will make your role easier and quicker, as you can book guests without having to respond to each individual request. It will also attract more guests and increase your confirmed bookings.
As a host, all you need is a synced calendar with all the booking platforms you use for up-to-date availability. (If you want more information on how to sync your calendars, please contact [email protected])
To submit a request on the site and attach your gift card, please go to the listing you are interested in and check the calendar for availability for your chosen dates. Once you have selected the dates, you will have to enter your bank details to proceed to submit the request. You should see a box on the right-hand side of the screen on the check-out page, underneath the booking details, where you can input your code. Please input the code including all hyphens and no spaces.
Yes, your gift card is valid for one year from the date of purchase. If you have further questions about expiration dates, please contact [email protected].
The expiration date is indicated on the confirmation email. If you have any questions about the expiration date, please send an email to [email protected].
If your booking is declined, your gift card will still be ready to use. You can submit another request and add the voucher again as detailed in Question #1.
If you cancel your confirmed booking, your gift card is non-refundable and you will not be able to use it again for a new request.
If the host cancels your reservation, please contact [email protected] so we can restore your gift card.
No, Glamping Hub gift cards are non-refundable.
No, gift cards may only be used once, and any remaining balance on the gift card is non-redeemable.
No, gift cards cannot be used retroactively for bookings that have already been requested.
Yes, you can use your gift card for any accommodation on the site. Please keep in mind that conversion rates do apply, and your gift card will be converted into the currency in which you are booking.
Cancellation and Refunds
When our hosts decline a booking request with no explanation, this typically means that they do not have availability or it is an inconvenient time for a guest to stay at their accommodation.
We encourage you to look at the surrounding areas on our site for other glamping getaways. You can also contact [email protected] if you would like us to find you some rebooking options.