This little cabin is magical! You truly feel the glamping experience with the forest, fire pit, and rustic, yet cozy accommodations. We were enchan...
This little cabin is magical! You truly feel the glamping experience with the forest, fire pit, and rustic,...
Vintage Cabin in Private 10-Acre Forest with Covered Porch on Vashon Island
Description of Glamping Units
This cabin rental is set in a private 10-acre forest and is perfect for glamping on Vashon Island in Washington. The luxury queen-size bed is ideal for couples, and the secluded location makes this ideal for a romantic getaway. There is a classic wood stove that helps keep things cozy. Guests can eat at the charming dining table after preparing delicious meals over the fire pit that has a grill, or they can dine on the large covered deck. Here, guests will find cushioned chairs that are great for taking in the beautiful views of the forest. The kitchen is fully-equipped with an electric hot plate, a microwave, a coffee and tea maker, a Crock Pot, a blender, and all necessary cookware and dinnerware. There is a composting toilet located next to the cabin. There is no bath or shower at the cabin and guests can shower at the local beach park located 1.5 miles away. Read More
- Board games
- Fire pit
- Hot plate
- Kitchen equipment
- Linens provided
- Patio furniture
- Private bathroom
- Queen-size bed
- Running water
- Tea kettle
- Towels provided
- Twin/Single Bed
This is a secluded and rustic glamping experience. There is a composting toilet in a small building a few steps away. Cold water, as well as a sink and appliances, are in the kitchenette, and guests can also cook on the BBQ, fire pit, or camp stove.
There is parking available.
- Deck or balcony
- Fire pit
- Picnic area
Location + Surroundings
This property is perfectly located for a glamping vacation. It is set on 10 private acres in a beautiful forest setting. A one-hour journey via the Vashon Ferry will bring guests to the rental, and from here, they will find themselves in a truly secluded spot. Glampers will find themselves one and a half miles from the Dockton Public Beach and Marina that boasts countless sources of entertainment and plenty of trail for walkers and horse riders.
The property is a 20-minute drive from downtown Vashon, which is known as the quaint and artsy hub of this forested island. Read More
- Bird watching
Vashon Island offers an abundance of exciting activities to enjoy. This part of the world is known for its fun and liberal community that has artistic and environmental values. There of plenty of nature activities to do on the island, and hiking and cycling are great ways to get to know the beautiful setting. Bow hunting may be possible in accordance with Dept Fish and Wildlife guidelines, and guests can contact the host for permission. There is also live entertainment for guests to enjoy. There are also plenty of restaurants and cinemas in close proximity for glampers to discover. The art center is definitely well worth a visit for guests who are hoping to soak up a bit of culture during their stay.
There are some fun and even quirky annual events on Vashon. Here are some highlights:
- Get dressed up and go watch the Academy Awards at the historic Vashon Theatre (March 2, 2018)
- For birders, the Vashon-Maury Audobon Society holds guided tours the 2nd Saturday of each month
- Vashon is known for it's many diverse artists. Come for the Art Gallery Cruise on 1st Friday, 6-9pm
- The Farmers Market features local food, crafts, and music every Saturday starting in April and until mid-December
- For hardcore athletes, the Vashon 50K Ultramarathon and Trail Run will be June 2, 2018
- People come from near and far for the Sheepdog Classic (June 7-10, 2018)
- Enjoy 4th of July fireworks on Quartermaster Harbor (while the puppy stays in the calm and quiet cabin!)
- Strawberry Festival draws many people for a wide range of activities (July 20-22, 2018)
- The Lavender Festival happens each summer, come see over 20 varieties!
- Low Tide celebration is a distinctly Vashon community event (date coming soon)
- For motorcycle enthusiasts, the NW Classic Old Bike event is usually the Sunday before or after Labor Day
- Passport2Pain is the annual bike ride throughout the island (Sept 8, 2018)
- Ciderfest is a great event for all ages, usually held the first Saturday in October, or whenever the harvest happens!
- Pt. Robinson Lighthouse throws a party and open house each winter (Dec 7, 2017)
- You will receive a full refund if you cancel at least 7 days prior to check-in.
- You will be charged for one full night’s stay plus 50% of the cost of the rest of the stay if you cancel within 7 days of check-in.
Check-in time is between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The cabin has a loft, so all guests must be 18 years old or older, and they should exercise caution in the loft.
Dogs are welcome for an additional fee.
Reservations will not be accepted if made more than 6 months in advance.