You can book directly without waiting for Host approval
Entire accommodation to yourself
Enjoy having the accommodation to yourself; with all facilities for exclusive and private use
Free cancellation not available
This accommodation doesn’t offer a free cancellation policy
Tiny house • 3 guests • 1 Private Bathroom • Private Kitchen
About this place
This tiny house is a unique farm stay with an equestrian focus. Home to about 7 horses, 2 donkeys, dogs, cats and wildlife including kangaroos, koalas, kookaburras, echidnas, ducks and cockatoos. The property is next to the "Kidman Trail" and 10 mins to Kuitpo Forest. It is located behind a drop of about 4 feet providing you with privacy and shelter.
Enjoy breathtaking views of vast open paddocks teeming with horses and kangaroos, and unwind under the shade of gum trees, ideal for picnics and long naps.
The property offers guests a comfortable stay with its queen-sized bed up in the loft and a sofa bed on the ground floor, which can be converted to single bed size. Aesthetically designed with southern-inspired interiors and modern studio-style decors to make vacationers feel at home.
The kitchenette has everything you need to cook your light meals with. A portable cooker, cookware, cooking utensils, cutlery, dishes & silverware, a microwave and even a mini fridge. The portable cooker can be kept in the drawers when not in use to maximise space.
Our bathroom facilities follow ecologically sustainable principles, including a waterless eco-friendly compost toilet, hand basin and shower (gas heated for hot showers). In Australia's severe climatic challenge of bushfires and drought, we help to save the environment by conserving water using an eco-friendly toilet. Wastes are broken down in the compost toilet via an aerobic decomposition process. It is a waterless system (no need to flush!), whereas a standard dual flush toilet would use up to 350L of water per week.. An aeration fan helps in the decomposition process and minimises odours.
Important note: Please expect occasional noise from farm machinery on the property and neighbouring properties since we are an active farm.
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except the main house and fenced garden.
Other Things to Note:
- Quiet hours 10 pm-7 am
- Mobile reception is good for Optus and Telstra
- No smoking inside, except in designated areas
- No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
- A compost bin is available for guests to properly dispose of trash
- Please be advised that we have livestock (and noise) on our property
- Don't forget to close windows, and lock doors when leaving the tiny house
- Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and electronics (e.g., especially chargers)
- Pets are only limited to one dog or cat
- Any damage done by pets shall be payable by the guests
- Pets are not allowed on beds and sofas, and clean after pet faeces
- Pets are recommended to be kept on leash as livestock is present on the property
- Please take note to inform your land host 24 hrs before arrival if you plan to bring your pets to our property
- Picnic via donkey-drawn cart at local scenic spots is available for an extra cost of $250 per couple
- Horse riding using my horses is $100 per lesson. If guests bring their own horses for lessons the cost is $85.
- Visiting horses' accommodation or boarding is available to guests for an extra cost of $15 per night in electrified yards, $20 per night in yard with shelter, and $25 for indoor stables
- We provide agistment for up to eight horses and ponies in addition to our own two horses and two donkeys. Keep in mind that we have horse owners visiting their horses occasionally and riders taking lessons once or twice per week.
- If you plan to bring your horse, please inform the land host in advance so that horse boarding can be arranged
- Guests are advised to follow the safety guidelines discussed with the land host
- Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without the land host's permission
- Keep in mind that BBQ grills and outdoor fire pits are not available during the fire season
- Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass can start a bush fire. Please put out your cigarettes properly
- Due to the property’s rural location, you may encounter inconveniences such as insects during your stay
- Please expect occasional noise from farm animals and machinery as the property is a working farm stay accommodation
- Please advise that there will be other guests on the property—two tiny houses are located in another paddock on the same property. If you want to book in groups, you can contact the land host ahead of time to make arrangements.
South Australia | Glamping
1 Queen-size bed
1 Sofa bed
Features and services
This accommodation has no reviews yet.
Book and be the first to leave a comment and help other glampers get to know this place better.
Check-in: 02:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
No Infants allowed Under 2 years old
No Children allowed 2-12 years old
No open fires
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Cancellation policy: Non-Refundable
Location and surroundings
Tiny House | Pet Friendly
Macclesfield, South Australia (Australia)
Detailed location provided after booking
- Prairie, meadow or plain
Activities near Macclesfield, South Australia
Wildlife watching on-site
Our local recommendations:
- Three Brothers Arms is an excellent traditional pub in Adelaide Hills.
- Macclesfield Hotel serves some of the most delicious pizzas in the region.
- Pik A Pie Bakery offers an excellent range of pies, pastries, and sausage rolls
- The Spirit of the Stag is a deer farm tour that offers a 4WD loop around the farm featuring six species of deer and antelope.
- Longview Vineyard Cellar Door is an award-winning winery that produces premium wines with gorgeous surroundings of the Adelaide Hills Wine Region.
By car: 40 minutes by car to and from Adelaide
By public transport: No public transport direct to Macclesfield but taxis and Uber are available between Mt. Barker and Macclesfield. Train and bus from Melbourne to Adelaide are approximately 10-12 hr drive and 8 hrs by private car. An hour flight to Adelaide Airport, then 40 minutes drive to Macclesfield.