"This was our first ever glamping experience and it was amazing! Our hosts Gareth and Jaci were phenomenal! They were both super kind and friendly and…"
You can book directly without waiting for Host approval
The accommodation is not near residential areas, roads or highways, however, there may be hosts or other guests on the property
Free cancellation if cancelled within 24 hours of confirmation and more than 15 days before check-in
Add dates to see details
Free cancellation if canceled within 24 hours after confirmation (valid until [date])
View cancellation policies for details
Free cancellation not available
This accommodation’s cancellation policy doesn’t offer free cancellation for the dates you have selected
Bell tent • 6 guests • 1 Half-Bath • Private Kitchen
About this place
Hi and welcome to our farm. We know you’re going to love it.
NEW ===> There is a projector available for outside movies around the campfire or in the tent, so bring a laptop with an HDMI port to watch your stuff.
NEW ===> There is a nice outdoor shower (see the photos) with hot and cold running water. Bring your own towels; if you forget we have you covered. Please use only the environmentally safe hair and body soaps provided.
Plenty of power for all your devices. Smart TV available upon request, device chargers, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, hot/cold filtered water, coffee maker with complimentary coffee.
Great Wi-Fi for work and play.
The whole tent is well-lit with multiple options for you to set the mood as you wish.
In the tent, there is a half bath with a state-of-the-art composting toilet. Easy to use and a marvel for off-grid environmentally safe solutions. The bathroom is sectioned off within the tent affording privacy.
Know that the tent is subject to weather directly. Sometimes it is windy in the valley and sometimes large gusts will buffer the tent from time to time. This is perfectly normal, and the tent is designed to handle this. Rain, and yes in colder weather, snow & sleet, are no problem. A propane indoor heater is available for colder weather that can heat the entire space in 15 minutes. Fans are available for the hot summer months.
Cooking utensils are available and the gas grill outside is your cooking station. Plates, bowls, knives, and forks are disposable and biodegradable. Pots, pans, (etc.) are not provided and you are welcome to bring your own. If you have an air fryer or slow cooker, we have the power to run those. The grill outside; in addition to its regular ‘grill’ function can be used in the same way as an oven.
Since this is an 86-acre working farm with livestock and farm equipment, several rules must be followed to ensure the safety of all guests and to not impact/impede the operations of the farm. This is for all guests including dogs.
By booking with us, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and will abide by these rules. If the farmer deems the rules were not followed, you may be asked to leave with no refund.
1) Farm equipment – Including all equipment: Tractors, trailers, trucks, vans, harvesters, etc. are ‘out of bounds’ No climbing on or playing near any farm equipment. Tractors and equipment are in use and will move around delivering feed to the animals or some other use. Please stay back at a safe distance and be mindful of where your party is. Do not let children run around during these moments and know where your dog is.
2) Buildings – Including all buildings: barns, sheds, outbuildings, and the farmhouse are ‘out of bounds, unless in the company of the farmer.
3) Land – You are allowed to roam anywhere on a farm that does not have cows, sheep, or donkeys. If you are unsure which fields are off-limits, please ask the farmer.
4) Gates – If you are walking around the farm, please make sure all gates are closed behind you. Unless they are already open. This is a very important rule.
5) Livestock – If you are lucky enough, you may see the cows rotated between fields to ensure that they have adequate grazing. During this operation, cows are not contained within their fenced boundaries and guests are required to be some distance from the operation and are encouraged to watch. The farmer will inform you ahead of time about where you can watch from. Dogs must be kept on a leash, with no exceptions.
Depending on which pasture the cows are in, they will be contained with electric fencing. This will shock you. You will be informed of which fences are ‘on’ if any. Active fences will have warning signs on them.
Do not feed the animals, unless with the farmer. Feeding time is usually around 4:30 - 5:30 pm and you are welcome to help.
6) Dogs – You are responsible for your dogs. If you are unsure of how your pet will react to livestock, it must be kept on a leash. If your dog is well-behaved, it will love the freedom of the farm. If you are out in the fields there is no need to clean up after your dog. Near the farm ‘poop bags’ are provided to clean up after your dog. Discard the bags with the trash.
7) Children – There is no climbing on or playing next to any farm equipment.
8) Trash – Trash bags are available in the tent. Just bag it up and we will discard it.
9) Drones – Drones are fine except for flying over pastures with animals. If you want to fly a drone, please ask the farmer beforehand. Drones can spook the animals so keep your distance from them.
10) Shower - The hot and cold shower is outside. Use only the products provided as they are environmentally benign. Or bring you own eco products. Please bring your own towels (we have back-ups). Parents must accompany children to the shower. The flow and heat setting is set, but you can adjust.
Bell Tent | Edinburg
1 King-size bed
2 Sofa beds
Features and services
Check-in: From 04:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM
Infants allowed Under 2 years old
Children allowed 2-12 years old
Pets allowed additional charge
Open fires allowed
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Cancellation policy: Fifteen
Location and surroundings
Glamping Escape in Virginia | Romantic Escapes in Bell Tent Rentals VA
Edinburg, Virginia (United States of America)
Detailed location provided after booking
- Shenandoah National Park (14 miles straight-line distance) (22 kilometers straight-line distance)
- Prairie, meadow or plain
Activities near Edinburg, VA
Wildlife watching on-site
Experience a working 86-acre Virginia cattle farm. Cattle, chickens, peacocks, goats, and donkeys. The hustle and bustle of farm life, from the most luxurious tent you have ever seen.