Eco-Friendly Cabin Rental on Eight Private Acres near Volcanoes National ParkPahala, Hawaii (United States)
This eco-friendly cabin rental can accommodate up to three guests and features a queen-size bed and a sofa bed. It is beautifully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, spacious bathroom with tub/shower, outside shower, washer/dryer, free Wi-Fi, free long distance US calling, bicycles, snorkel gear, and many other extras for glampers' vacationing needs. In addition, this rental is totally self-sufficient with solar power and gas appliances for sustainable green living. A private community water source provides the purest water on tap. Read More
- Queen-size bed
- Kitchen equipment
Guests will enjoy the following extras while glamping here: high-speed Wi-Fi, free long distance calling, snorkel gear, bicycles, impeccable housekeeping, a professionally manicured park-like setting with fruit trees to pick from and three acres of mowed lawn, and plenty of trails to hike.
In addition, this vacation rental is totally self-sufficient, off the beaten path, and off the grid. The property is an ambassador for green living, educating guests on how simple it is to live off the grid using solar and propane. Solar runs the electrical appliances, such as the lights, stereo, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, etc. The stove, refrigerator, fireplace and hot water are operated on propane gas. Water is gravity feed, so there is no need for a water pump. There is even a back-up water source that supplies 500 gallons of water to the cottage in the event of an emergency. Previous guests have appreciated the experience and often recreate this system in their own homes. Extended stays may have to run the generator to power the system's batteries if there is no sun. The generator is very quiet and turns on with a key. Otherwise, the system is efficient enough to just run on solar energy.
Location + Surroundings
This glamping cabin is located in Wood Valley, which is a hidden treasure on the southeast side of Hawaii, offering upcountry living in an agricultural community. It is five miles from the town of Pahala, which offers a hospital, drug store, gas station, library, community swim pool, market and Coffee Mill. At 2,500-foot elevation, this cabin rental offers a comfortable climate with warm sunny days and cool evening nights for a great night sleep. Read More
Adventures close by
• Hike Volcanoes National Park
• Explore exotic black and green sand beaches
• Witness and active volcano
• Snorkel and swim with the turtles at Punalu'u Black sands beach
• Wish upon a star... dark vast star gazing views
• Talk story with the locals...historical sugar town of Pahala ( 6 miles away) mini market, gas station, library, hospital and drug store.
• Wake up to amazing sunrises and golden views of the valley
• Explore the peacefulness of the quite cottage landscap
- Check-in: 11:00 a.m.
- Check-out: 03:00 p.m.
- Infants allowed Under 2 years old
- Children allowed 2-12 years old
- No parties
- As long as you cancel at least 30 days before check-in, you will receive a 50% refund minus our service fee.
- If you cancel within 30 days of check-in, the host does not offer a refund.
- If you cancel after check-in, any refund will be at the host's discretion (and will not include the service fee).
There are last-minute and extended stay discounts, as well as a 10% Military and Kama'aina discount.
Guests staying one week or longer receive one bag of Kau Honu Java coffee, grown right across the road from the accommodation. and the hosts swear it's the best coffee glampers will ever taste! A fresh tropical floral arrangement will greet glampers when they arrive.
Selected photos shared by Tracie of Tracie Travels. Read more