"I highly recommend this place. Such a lovely and peaceful environment if you are looking for a place to unwind. Phil and Patt were very accomodating …"
You can book directly without waiting for Host approval
Entire accommodation to yourself
Enjoy having the accommodation to yourself; with all facilities for exclusive and private use
Free cancellation not available
This accommodation doesn’t offer a free cancellation policy
Tiny house • 2 guests • Private Kitchen
About this place
Discover new sights and unwind in the tranquil backcountry pace. Where you can take in to enjoy the surrounding open fields, dense woods, and farm animals. Close to panoramic views, city lights in the distance, walking and riding trails, and the city of Ballarat, which is only a 15-minute drive away.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please advise that there will be some animal and tractor noise during your stay with us as we are a working farm that cares for animals and crop
Located in a rural locality in the Golden Plains Shire, where you can rest and enjoy comfortable accommodation with easy access to water, split air conditioning, a kitchenette, cooking equipment, and excellent bathroom facilities.
The bathroom follows ecologically sustainable principles, including a cassette toilet with a removable waste-holding tank, hand basin, and shower (gas heated for hot showers) for you to use. It focuses on satisfying people's needs with natural resources and processes to save the environment.
If you plan to spend your weekend getaways here, we advise that you bring your basic necessities such as food and water during your stay with us. Thank you!
Guests will have access to the tiny house and its surrounding areas, except the land host's private residence.
Interaction with Guests:
Guests will enjoy your own private space but we are always happy to chat with you.
Other Things to Note:
- No WiFi
- Quiet hours 10 pm-7 am
- Firewood costs $25 per wheel burrow load
- No smoking inside, except in designated areas
- No unregistered guests or visitors are allowed
- Good mobile reception for Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone
- Thai Dinner is available for an extra cost and at prior request by guests
- Please do not enter animal paddocks or yards without the land host's permission
- Please note that we have a pet dog, an old horse, 7 sheep, and 2 dams on our property
- Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the doors when leaving the tiny house/ property
- Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and electronics (e.g., especially chargers)
- No pets allowed until an electric fence is built to prevent neighbor's dogs from coming in to the property
- Keep in mind that BBQ grills and outdoor fire pits are not available during the fire season
- Dropping cigarette butts on dry grass can start a bushfire. Please put out your cigarettes properly
- Due to the property's rural location, you may encounter inconveniences such as insects during your stay
- Please be advised that there will be other guests as there are two other tiny houses on the property
Tiny House | Farm Glamping
1 Double bed
Features and services
River, stream or creek
Check-in: 02:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
No Infants allowed Under 2 years old
No Children allowed 2-12 years old
No Pets allowed
Be kind to the environment and take care of the surroundings.
Cancellation policy: Non-Refundable
Location and surroundings
Victoria | Tiny House
Durham Lead, Victoria (Australia)
Detailed location provided after booking
- River, stream or creek
Activities near Durham Lead, Victoria
Wildlife watching on-site
Our local recommendations:
- Ballarat Wildlife Park features native Australian animals including koalas, wombats, quokkas & crocodiles.
- Enfield State Park is a popular activity that features various ranges of walking tracks of various lengths and terrain.
- Boden's Water Race is a challenging route that requires an average of 1 h 17 min of bushwalking or hiking to complete.
- Nimmons Bridge is Victoria's fourth-tallest timber trestle rail bridge, located 3 km from Scarsdale on the way to Cape Clear.
- Ballarat Walking Trails offers 22 scenic bushwalking and bike riding trails, including Lake Wendouree, and the Goldfields Track.
- 8 km drive to and from Smythsdale
- 17min (or 18km) drive to and from Ballarat
- 1 hr and 40 min (or 138 km) drive from Melbourne
By public transport:
- Train or bus from Melbourne to Ballarat train station are available, or you can take an Uber or taxi to the property
- Please note that bus runs from the general store on Tuesday and Thursday