Authentic Alaskan Log Cabin on the Lake at Lodge Property near AnchorageTyonek, Alaska (United States)
This authentic Alaskan log cabin rental sits lakefront at this lodge property near Anchorage, and it comes with two bedrooms, a private bathroom, and can sleep seven guests. Built like most Alaskan bush log cabins, the cabin is simply built and gives a tranquil ambiance. The cabin is heated by a wood stove located in the small front room for relaxing. In the front room, there features a comfortable seating area where guests can take in the amazing view from the open windows. Guests are only a short walk away from the main lodge and dining area. Read More
- Double bed
There is an on-site restaurant where guests can enjoy home cooked meals prepared by gourmet chefs. There is also a small gift shop and bar area in the day lodge and an Alaskan library to peruse.Read More
The hosts at this property offer several activities for guests to participate in:
- Helicopter/Floatplane Flightseeing are $350.00 per person with a two-person minimum
- Helicopter Ridge Hiking Adventure are $500.00 per person with a two-person minimum
- Floatplane Day Hiking in Lake Clark National Park are $500.00 per person with a two-person minimum
- Floatplane to Dick Proenneke's cabin at Twin Lakes Tour for two people $625.00 per person, and three or more people at $475.00 per person. There is an additional $6.00 park fee per person.
- Fly-out Guided Fishing for $400.00 per person with a two-person minimum.
Enjoy a six-hour excursion from Anchorage, in which a lunch is provided for guests in the day lodge. This excursion includes a round trip flight to Redoubt Bay Lodge on a floatplane, a guided Big River Lake tour on the pontoon boats with a great opportunity to see bears in their natural habitat. Prices are $644.00 per person or guests can extend their trip to a full day excursion for $822.00 per person. Read More
Location + Surroundings
Located at the entrance to Lake Clarke Pass in Alaska, this private property provides the only accommodations in the region within a 171,100-acre critical habitat area. Surrounded by natural Alaskan beauty, guests will remain awe-inspired by the views from this accommodation. This site makes it home right by the Big River Lakes, a chain of lakes whose waters lead to the Big River and on to Cook Inlet. The Chigmit Mountains encompass guests eyes as well. Guests are encouraged to explore the vast outdoors, only steps from their door. Being located at a lodge, guests will have access to special amenities, such as an on-site dining area, a bar and more. Read More
- Wine tasting
The outdoor recreation activities are endless at this property, and guests are sure to always have a full list of things to get done when they aren't relaxing in their cabins. Bear viewing is a popular and unique activity offered at this site, through the optional excursion provided by the hosts. A trained naturalist guide will take guests to view the magnificent creatures from a close, yet safe distance.
Guests interested in fishing can take their skills to some of the most productive fishing waters around, with great Sockeye and Coho Salmon fishing on the Westside of the Cook Inlet. Guests, of course, can also enjoy some of the most breathtaking hikes in this region, such as the Weasel Lake Trail. In addition, the host offers a float plane to trails in Lake Clark National Park.
- Infants allowed Under 2 years old
- Children allowed 2-12 years old
- No parties
- As long as you cancel at least 15 days before check-in, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel within 15 days of check-in, the host does not offer a refund.
- If you cancel after check-in, any refund will be at the host's discretion.
- Refund does not include Glamping Hub service fee.
Children under 12 years old are two-thirds the adult rate. There is a two-person minimum for nightly stays.
Prices include transportation to and from Lake Hood from major hotels and the Anchorage International airport, air transportation to and from Redoubt Bay Lodge, lodging, meals, individual guide service, and use of lodge equipment.
There is limited Wi-Fi is in the main lodge only. Read more