Skip New York City and head straight to Upstate New York to enjoy some of the best Upstate New York getaways. We know that Times Square and Broadway are fantastic, but sometimes you need to relax outdoors. Spend time at Indiana Dunes National Park. Indiana Dunes cabins, yurts, and cottages are the secluded getaway you’ve been looking for.
Leave your watch at home and lose track of time surrounded by nature! Upstate New York has some of the best getaways from camping in NY to romantic cabins, there is something for everyone! Looking for family-friendly vacation rentals or a unique stay in Honeoye, New York? There is something for every glamper!
As an alternative to Upstate New York resorts for families, try a cozy cottage! Tucked away in the breathtaking wilderness, a cottage is an inviting place to spend the night and often has delightful features such as wood-burning fireplaces and claw-foot bathtubs.
- Enjoy a glamping retreat with your pets! This cottage rental in the Hudson Valley is perfect for a weekend of winter sports in the Catskills.
- This historic cottage in the Adirondack Mountains has been lovingly restored to include modern amenities alongside its more traditional features.
- Ideal for families, this elegant cottage in Lake Placid can’t be missed! There are many adventure activities to choose from. Try hiking, horseback riding, white-water rafting, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding!
How can you not fall in love with the idea of sleeping in a yurt? A yurt getaway in Upstate New York has everything you need to soak in the outdoors without having to endure the harsh elements. These luxury accommodations are ideal for the best romantic getaways in Upstate New York and are expertly designed to provide the ultimate comfort, and their natural surroundings aren’t bad either.
- If you’re a fan of eco-friendly getaways, this yurt in Newfield is perfect! The yurt is located in a low-allergen environment so glampers will be as comfortable as possible in the beautiful setting.
- This yurt nestled in Willowemoc Wild Forest, means you wake up in the middle of the forest. Enjoy peaceful meals on the private deck and great hiking in the Catskill Forest Preserve.
- Take the family glamping! This large yut is spacious enough for 10! Enjoy a day of adventure at Saratoga National Historical: Followed by a relaxing evening under the stars, next to the fire pit.
When you wake up and open the canvas doors of your luxury bell tent, you will be hit by the beauty of nature that is right at your doorstep. Tents are a popular choice for those who enjoy feeling at one with nature but don’t necessarily want to pitch a bell tent every time they go camping. With cozy and luxurious elements inside, there is no reason why you wouldn’t want to stay in one during your Upstate New York Getaway.
- Take the family, and the pets, glamping in this unique luxury bell tent. Tucked away in the Adirondack Mountains near the Saratoga National Historical Park for a fun day of hiking.
- This lovely raised bell tent, nestled in Featherstonhaugh State Forest, is ideal for an adventure holiday! Enjoy days of hiking, fishing, kayaking, and sailing when you stay at this secluded glamping site!
- Try a rustic bell tent on the Hudson River! This beautiful location is ideal to enjoy The Schodack Island State Park and the many fun outdoor activities in the area.
If you can’t get enough of Upstate New York, check out our collections of pet-friendly cabins and family-friendly rentals outside of NYC. You can also go luxury camping in the Catskills or wine tasting in the Finger Lakes region. For all the information you need in one place, our Upstate New York getaways page is the perfect resource. We promise that you’ll find a getaway that is just right for you.